Custom foreign language classes are ideal for individuals, small groups (2-5 people), and businesses. We have many custom class students and set up options. Private classes for an individual, a couple, or a small group are the best choice if you need tailored, custom instruction. These classes from the Tennessee Language Center are available in almost any language and offer maximum flexibility to meet your request.
Specific Learning Goals
Some people want to learn a language—Farsi, Hindi, Bulgarian, Swahili, for example—for which there isn’t enough demand to fill a typical group class. Others have specific needs, such as practicing verb tenses or improving oral comprehension in a language they’ve already studied. Some want to move at their own pace, whether it’s faster or slower than a group class. Some want concentrated practice at their precise level, only possible with custom class instruction. Custom classes are great for preparing individuals and groups to communicate better while traveling to another country.
Businesses seeking to succeed in the global marketplace can benefit from custom classes. International success often requires effective communication–among your staff and with your suppliers and clients. TN Language Center can assess your language learning needs and customize classes to meet them, including terminology suited to your organization’s specific goals and mission. Our custom business classes are designed to meet specific needs, whether you’re a law firm, hospital, state agency, military unit, church, production company, or international corporation.
Flexible Scheduling and Location Needs
Custom classes let you set a convenient time and frequency, whether that’s once a week, twice a week, every day, or something different. Custom classes may be held at our TN Language Center office, the student’s home, a library, a coffee shop, or your local business—whatever works for the student and teacher.
How to Get Started
Click here to be directed to our registration site in order to begin the process of registering for Custom-Private or Custom-Group Foreign Language Classes. Here, you will setup your account and register for a sign-up class in your chosen language so that we can place you with your instructor. As a first step, we send prospective students a survey to get an idea of their requirements so we can ensure the best possible learning situation. Once we match you with an instructor, you can determine meeting place and time together.
- Per Student
- 1-on-1 $50/hr
- 1-on-2 $35/hr
- 1-on-3 $30/hr
- 1-on-4 $25/hr
- 1-on-5 $20/hr
- 10 Hours Minimum
- 20 Hours (5% off)
- 40 Hours (10% off)*
*Contact us for discounts over 40 hours
Textbook and other course materials not included.
These are the TN Language Center policies and procedures for private foreign language classes. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No refunds or TN Language Center credits will be issued for student withdrawals once classes have begun or for classes cancelled within 24 hours of an agreed upon class time.
- Please give your teacher at least 24-hours notice if cancelling a session, or we will subtract that session from the total hours purchased (i.e., you will be charged for the session).
- Textbook and other course materials can be arranged with your teacher and may cost $15-$150 extra.
- We encourage both parties to compromise on a meeting place location that works for everybody. We can also provide space at TN Language Center.
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances, TN Language Center requests that each class last 1.5 to 2 hours so the session is worthwhile for both student and teacher.
- Be sure to exchange cell phone and email information with your instructor so you can contact each other in case of an emergency or if you need to cancel a class. TN Language Center staff cannot contact your instructor for last-minute cancellations or to tell him/her that you will be late.
- If, for any reason, you need to cancel three or more classes in a row, then you may need to be paired up with a different instructor. Your original time, location, and date preferences will still be considered, but there may be a delay in continuing your classes after three or more cancelled classes depending on the original instructor’s availability.
- Students must complete their purchased ten hours of classes within six months of purchase. Students purchasing more than ten hours will be given an end date for their classes commensurate with the number of hours. If either the student or the instructor believes s/he needs more time to complete purchased hours, please contact email@example.com before the end date for the classes to arrange a time extension. If the deadline passes without any communication from the student or the instructor, the purchased class hours will be forfeited with no time extension or refund possible. This policy is intended to prevent students from beginning classes, then stopping for a long break before resuming, which undermines the learning process as well as making it difficult to retain consistency of instruction.
- We ask that you submit payment for all classes you’ve purchased (usually ten hours) at least two business days before your first class.