Careers with Tennessee Language Center
Established in 1986, Tennessee Language Center (TLC), an agency of the University of Tennessee Institute for Public Service, has helped the citizens and businesses of Tennessee reach their linguistic goals through language classes, professional development, interpretation, and translation. We are always looking for vibrant, considerate professionals to support our clients’ needs. In addition to professional qualifications, individuals interested in careers with TLC must possess a heart for public service and willingness to learn.
Why work at TLC?
At TLC, we offer a friendly, collaborative, multi-cultural work experience. We value the contributions and enthusiasm of all of our team members and ensure they know they are appreciated for helping us to excel. We do this by providing:
- Professional development opportunities
- Fair pay and opportunities for increases
- A cooperative work environment
- Family-friendly policies and flexible scheduling
Additionally, as employees of the University of Tennessee, those hired to TLC full-time are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K + matching
- Group medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Higher education through the University of Tennessee employee fee waiver program
- University of Tennessee pension upon 5+ years of full-time service