Private Foreign Language Class Policies
hese are the TFLI policies and procedures for private foreign language classes. If you have questions, please email email@example.com
- No refunds or TFLI credits will be issued for student withdrawals once classes have begun or for classes cancelled within 24 hours of an agreed upon class time.
- Please give your teacher at least 24-hours notice if cancelling a session, or we will subtract that session from the total hours purchased (i.e., you will be charged for the session).
- Textbook and other course materials can be arranged with your teacher and may cost $15-$150 extra.
- There may be a nominal charge per mile if your instructor drives over 12 miles to teach you at your home or desired meeting place.
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances, TFLI requests that each class last 1.5 to 2 hours so the session is worthwhile for both student and teacher.
- Be sure to exchange cell phone and email information with your instructor so you can contact each other in case of an emergency or if you need to cancel a class. TFLI staff cannot contact your instructor for last-minute cancellations or to tell him/her that you will be late.
- If, for any reason, you need to cancel three or more classes in a row, then you may need to be paired up with a different instructor. Your original time, location, and date preferences will still be considered, but there may be a delay in continuing your classes after three or more cancelled classes depending on the original instructor’s availability.
- Students must complete their purchased ten hours of classes within six months of purchase. Students purchasing more than ten hours will be given an end date for their classes commensurate with the number of hours. If either the student or the instructor believes s/he needs more time to complete purchased hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before the end date for the classes to arrange a time extension. If the deadline passes without any communication from the student or the instructor, the purchased class hours will be forfeited with no time extension or refund possible. This policy is intended to prevent students from beginning classes, then stopping for a long break before resuming, which undermines the learning process as well as making it difficult to retain consistency of instruction.
- We ask that you submit payment for all classes you’ve purchased (usually ten hours) at least two business days before your first class.